Are you planning to build a house? Before you look for build home designs, consider the concept of modular homes. Why are these so popular in the market? Because they provide quality homes for much less than the regular constructed homes. Everybody today needs to get best value out of their dollar so why not look up modular homes? The buildings are cost-effective and it is often made with sustainable building materials. Here are some questions answered for you, which will enlighten you thoroughly upon what should be your choice:
1. What is a modular home? The modular home is a house build with the help of panels that are in turn built to custom in a factory, unlike the regular home where the house is build brick by brick on site. This is why the modular home is also known as a manufactured house. The fact that these houses are built in factories is one of the greatest advantages of this types homes for it not only cuts on the cost but also on the time it take to erect.
2. Can you custom design a modular home? Of course, you can. Most manufacturers would give you the choice to do so and explain to you the added cost that comes with it. Before you design your home, be sure that you gain enough exposure and understand all the possibilities you can have with this type of houses. The fun part is that with this type a house, you can really have an a-la-carte home and still be below the budget of a regularly built house.
3. Is the quality of this home comparable to that of a regular home? Yes, it is in all aspects. You will not be able to differential between the two types of houses once these are finished. Both would look the same, feel the same from inside and from outside. Both are as durable; however, while the modular house comes in budget cost, the regular house would tend to cost an arm and a leg.
4. Build in installments – a very important advantage that the modular home offers are the ability to add-on in later stages. Since the panels can be constructed and transported to your site anytime, you could always add to it later. Say you want the first floor added later which is possible without too much trouble in both type houses. What about if you want to remodel your kitchen or build a few more rooms in your home? With a regular home this would mean breaking of walls and becoming messy physically and financially as well. With modular homes, all you have to do is order a few more panels and bingo! All is well.
5. Is the construction of a modular house difficult and time-consuming? Not at all. In fact, the time required to manufacture your custom building, transport it to your site and build it would still be just a fraction of what it would take to build a regular home.